TV Preview: The Push
Fawziyah Javed was 31 - a beautiful clever lawyer from Leeds, pregnant with her first child. On 2 September 2021, she was on a mini break to Edinburgh with her husband. CCTV shows them arm in arm as they stroll through Edinburgh but by 10:30 pm that night, Fawziyah was dead after she fell from Arthur’s Seat. Two days later her husband had been arrested and charged with her murder.
The Push is the new series which follows the murder trial, minute by minute. With exclusive access to film the court and Fawziyah’s family, as they go through the process of hearing evidence and as they live with the aftermath.
Please note, this event takes place on Tuesday 27 February, 18.45 GMT.
The Push is produced by Candour TV for Channel 4 with Series director Anna Hall and Series producer Josephine Besbrode.
Followed by a Q&A with
Alisa Pomeroy, Head of Documentaries, Channel 4
Anna Hall, Series Director & Executive Producer
Natasha Rattu, CEO Karma Nirvana
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable, comfortable, and inclusive as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email email@example.com to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible. Wheelchair spaces are available in the front row.
- If you are visually impaired and require seats in the front row, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
- Our newly developed building has been designed with accessibility in mind, and we have made improvements including adding an additional lift, widening doors and corridors, removing steps and ledges and installing disabled toilets on every floor. Working with Peter Connell Associates, we have made significant changes to improve accessibility, and we will engage with our audiences to continue to improve.
All events with concession tickets available will have them clearly listed when purchasing and can be bought the same way as normal tickets. A limited number of concession tickets will be allocated on selected events.
To be eligible for a concessionary ticket, you must receive or hold one of the following:
- Senior – over 60
- Full-time Student
- Under 18
- D/deaf and Disabled
- Refugee Status
- Asylum Seeker Status
- Those receiving:
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment & Support Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
Accompanying assistants, carers and companions can attend free of charge alongside any ticket purchase. Please email email@example.com ahead of booking to book this complimentary ticket.
Terms and Conditions:
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
Please note, the use of professional photography or recording equipment is prohibited during this event.