David Lean Lecture: Shane Meadows
BAFTA-winning director and screenwriter Shane Meadows (Dead Man's Shoes, This is England, The Virtues) will deliver the prestigious 2023 David Lean Lecture.
Shane Meadows is an award-winning director, writer and producer. He recently wrote and directed the three-part television series The Gallows Pole with Element Pictures, for BBC/ A24. His feature credits include Smalltime, Twenty Four Seven, Dead Man's Shoes, A Room For Romeo Brass, Somers Town and This Is England for which he won his first of several BAFTAs.
His television credits include series This Is England 86’, This Is England 88', This Is England 90' and limited series, The Virtues - starring Stephen Graham. He directed the documentary The Stone Roses: Made Of Stone and music videos for Liam Gallagher’s Come Back To Me and Jake Bugg’s Slumville Sunrise.
BAFTA's David Lean Lecture is a highlight of BAFTA’s public programme – educating, informing and inspiring the public by providing rare insight into the craft and method of some of the world’s leading and sector defining filmmakers.
This event will be BSL interpreted.
Member’s tickets are available from 9.30 GMT on Wednesday 15 November. Public tickets are available from 10.00 GMT on Friday 17 November.
Running time: Approx. 90 minutes
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email email@example.com to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible. Wheelchair spaces are available in the front row or the back row depending on preference and availability.
- If you require BSL translation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this with as much notice as possible.
- If you are visually impaired and require seats in the front row, please email email@example.com to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- If you require additional leg room, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a space in the front or back row, where additional leg room is available.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
- Our newly developed building has been designed with accessibility in mind, and we have made improvements including adding an additional lift, widening doors and corridors, removing steps and ledges and installing disabled toilets on every floor. Working with Peter Connell Associates, we have made significant changes to improve accessibility, and we will engage with our audiences to continue to improve.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
Please note, the use of professional photography or recording equipment is prohibited during this event.
|Seat Type||Ticket Type||Price|