TV Preview: Endurance: Race to the Pole
Endurance: Race to the Pole is a three part series for Channel 5 following intrepid adventurers Ben Fogle and Dwayne Fields as they journey to Antarctica to relive the trials and tribulations of the deadly Race to the Pole at the beginning of the 20th Century.
This is a captioned TV preview. The Q&A will be BSL interpreted and live-captioned.
Ben and Dwayne step back in time to wear the clothes, eat the food and use the same kit as their Edwardian heroes, Scott, Shackleton, and Amundsen. They experience, on their own journey, some of the decisive moments that saw Amundsen reach the pole first, Shackleton become a seasoned polar explorer and Robert Falcon Scott reach the pole only to die on the return journey. It's a story filled with tragedy, jeopardy, and true heroes as Ben and Dwayne reveal true insight into these exceptional men and their obsession with conquering the South Pole.
Endurance: Race to the Pole was commissioned by Denise Seneviratne for Channel 5. It will be produced by October Films. The series is directed by Alexis Girardet who is also Series Producer, and Executive Produced by Adam Bullmore and Mike Warner.
Followed by a Q&A
Ben Fogle, broadcaster and adventurer
Dwayne Fields, TV presenter and explorer
Alexis Girardet, director and series producer
Hosted by Tessa Chapman, Chief Correspondent, 5 News
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email email@example.com to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible. Wheelchair spaces are available in the front row.
- If you are visually impaired and require seats in the front row, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
- Our newly developed building has been designed with accessibility in mind, and we have made improvements including adding an additional lift, widening doors and corridors, removing steps and ledges and installing disabled toilets on every floor. Working with Peter Connell Associates, we have made significant changes to improve accessibility, and we will engage with our audiences to continue to improve.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
Please note, the use of professional photography or recording equipment is prohibited during this event.
|Seat Type||Ticket Type||Price|