BAFTA Young Game Designers Showcase
Drop in to our 2023 BAFTA Young Game Designers Showcase where you will be able to play the finalists games and see the innovative concepts from young people aged 10-18. There will be facilitated YGD workshops so you can come up with your own game concept and receive feedback from an industry expert. Additional activity includes:
THE SESSIONS HOSTED BY AOIFE WILSON
Princess Anne Theatre
11:30 – 12:15 DREAMS LIVE WITH CATHERINE WOOLLEY, MEDIA MOLECULE
12:30 – 13:10 WORKING IN THE GAMES INDUSTRY
13:45 – 14:15 YGD ALUMNI – GAME MAKING
14:45 – 15:30 WORKING IN THE GAMES INDUSTRY – WITH Tt GAMES
THE GAMES AREA
Creative and Future Gallery
Play and explore with Tt Games, Wizards of the Coast, YGD alumni and Next Gen Skills Academy
CHILL OUT SPACE
Run Run Shaw Theatre
Children under 15 require an adult chaperone to attend with them but young people aged 15 and over can attend by themselves.
This event will run from 11:00 - 16:00.
For a full list of finalists visit our dedicated BAFTA YGD website: https://ygd.bafta.org/
Please note there will be filming and photography at this event. Please notify a member of staff if you do not wish to be filmed.
BAFTA YGD 2023 official partners: Creative Assembly, Criterion Games, Epic Games, PlayStation, Warner Bros Games, Wizards of the Coast.
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email email@example.com with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible. Wheelchair spaces are available in the front row or the back row depending on preference and availability.
- If you require BSL translation, please email email@example.com to request this with as much notice as possible.
- If you are visually impaired and require seats in the front row, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- If you require additional leg room, please email email@example.com to book a space in the front or back row, where additional leg room is available.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
- Our newly developed building has been designed with accessibility in mind, and we have made improvements including adding an additional lift, widening doors and corridors, removing steps and ledges and installing disabled toilets on every floor. Working with Peter Connell Associates, we have made significant changes to improve accessibility, and we will engage with our audiences to continue to improve.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.