BAFTA Masterclass: Eddie Marsan
Hear from award-winning actor Eddie Marsan as he delves into his craft and career highlights across film and TV. Credits include V for Vendetta (2005), Happy-Go-Lucky (2008), Filth (2013), The Pact (2021), The Thief, His Wife and the Canoe (2022) and The Power (2023).
Born in Stepney, East London, and raised in Bethnal Green, Marsan initially served an apprenticeship as a printer, before beginning his career in theatre. He trained at the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, graduating in 1991, and, across his long-standing career, has worked with directors such as Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, J.J. Abrams, and Guy Ritchie.
He has collaborated with Mike Leigh on three films including Vera Drake, for which he won the British Independent Film Award for Best Supporting actor in 2004 and Happy-Go-Lucky, for which he won a BIFA for Best Supporting Actor as well as the London Film Critics Circle Award and the National Society of Film Critics in 2009. In 2014, he won Best Performance in a British Feature Film for his role in Still Life at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, and in 2022 he was nominated for Best Actor at the BAFTA Cymru Awards for The Pact.
Marsan is a patron for several institutions including the School of the Science of Acting, Humanists UK and Kazzum, a children's theatre company that promotes the acceptance of diversity.
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email email@example.com with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email us to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- If you require BSL translation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this with as much notice as possible.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
|Seat Type||Ticket Type||Price|