The EE BAFTA Film Sessions
Join us for an immersive day at BAFTA HQ to celebrate the nominees and nominated films from the EE BAFTA Film Awards. Secure a day pass giving you the opportunity to hear first-hand from nominees, be submerged in the sound design of nominated films, see how nominated make-up and hair looks are created, and even have your own look created for you by Lancôme Artists. There will also be an opportunity to watch nominated short and short animation films. A mix of immersive experiences awaits!
Seats in the sessions will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to explore the full range of activity taking place across the building.
Meet the Nominees: Outstanding British Film and Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer
Ray Dolby Room
This year's Outstanding British Film and Outstanding Debut categories celebrate a diverse range of British storytelling, and celebrates the exciting talent behind some of this year's break-out films. Join us for a unique opportunity to hear from the creatives behind some of the biggest films of the year, as they discuss bringing their vision to screen. Panels will take place in half hour slots across the day.
10.00 - 12.30
Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical
Empire of Light
13.00 - 14.30
Brian and Charles
See How They Run
15.30 - 17.30
The Banshees of Inisherin
Creating a Nominated Short: Best Short Film and Best Short Animation
Princess Anne Theatre
10.00 – 16.30
This year's nominated live action and animated shorts celebrate a diverse range of storytelling. We invite you to see these brilliantly crafted films on the big screen in our Princess Anne Theatre, and hear from the storytellers behind them. There will be a short moderated Q&A with nominees from both categories following each screening.
10.00 Best Short Film and Best Short Animation Screening
12.15 Moderated Q&A
14.00 Best Short Film and Best Short Animation Screening
16.15 Moderated Q&A
Behind the Nominated Looks: Make Up & Hair, supported by Lancôme
Creative and Futures Gallery
10.00 – 17.00
Whether it’s an era-inspired drama or a special effects fantasy, Make-Up and Hair design play an important role in creating the characters we remember and are moved by. They help imagine the worlds which we find ourselves immersed. Showcasing this year’s nominees and their work in our exhibition space in the Creative and Futures Gallery, see how nominated make-up and hair looks are created, and even have your own look created for you by Lancôme Artists.
Run Run Shaw Theatre
10.00 – 17.00
With the power to evoke every emotion and bringing cinema to life, this Session celebrates the craft category of Sound. Taking the form of an immersive exhibition piece, we share how this year’s nominees brought a sense of character, place and story to the stories told.
Tickets for BAFTA members go on sale at 9:30am on Wednesday 18 January.
Tickets for public members go on sale at 12 noon on Thursday 19 January.
Tickets for BAFTA Connect members go on sale at 5:00pm on Thursday 19 January.
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email email@example.com with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
- Our newly developed building has been designed with accessibility in mind, and we have made improvements including adding an additional lift, widening doors and corridors, removing steps and ledges and installing disabled toilets on every floor. Working with Peter Connell Associates, we have made significant changes to improve accessibility, and we will engage with our audiences to continue to improve.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
Please see here for our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
|Public Adult (Day Pass)||£15.00|
|Public Concession (Day Pass)||£10.00|