Screenwriters' Lecture Series: From Page to Screen: Getting your Script Commissioned
The commissioning process can be a difficult one to navigate, particularly for newer writers and within an ever-shifting industry landscape.
Join us for a discussion with a panel of expert commissioners and writers who will demystify the commissioning process, exploring the do’s and don’t of getting your script commissioned, from concept through to the secrets to a successful pitch.
Farhana Bhula - Senior Commissioning Executive, Film4
Claudia Yusef - Head of Development, BBC Films
Joe Murtagh - Screenwriter - American Animals (2018), Calm with Horses (2019)
Hosted by Hannah Patterson (Writer).
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email us to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- This event will be BSL interpreted. Please email us should you wish to request a seat where you can best see the BSL interpreter.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed in our Academy Screenings and Events Code.