Screenwriters' Lecture Series: Tony Kushner
Rising to critical acclaim with his seminal two-part play Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes (first premiered in 1993), and winning the Pulitzer Prize, Tony Kushner established himself as one of the most acclaimed writers of his generation. His screenwriting has likewise cemented him as a cultural icon, with films Munich (2005), Lincoln (2012) and West Side Story (2021) being among his most known.
This year sees Kushner once again collaborate with Steven Spielberg, this time on a coming-of-age, semi-autobiographical story of a young aspiring filmmaker in The Fabelmans (2022).
Screenwriter’s Lecture Series
Now in its eleventh edition, the Screenwriters’ Lecture Series exists to celebrate screenwriters’ authorial contribution to film and gives esteemed writers a platform to share highlights and insights from their careers with an audience of film-lovers and their peers. Created by BAFTA award-winning screenwriter Jeremy Brock, the series is supported by JJ Charitable Trust, one of the Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts.
This event will be BSL interpreted.
Member’s tickets are available from 9.30 GMT on Wednesday 9 November. Public tickets are available from 10.00 GMT on Friday 11 November.
Running time: Approx. 90 minutes
BAFTA is an arts charity that is open and welcoming to everyone. This means we want every visit to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to be as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Please be advised:
- If you are attending one of our events at 195 Piccadilly and have access requirements, then please email email@example.com with as much notice as possible to discuss these with us.
- If you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone to discuss access requirements, please call our dedicated reception team on 020 7734 0022.
- If you are a wheelchair user then please email us to book your space alongside any accompanying guest(s), with as much notice as possible.
- If you require BSL translation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this with as much notice as possible.
- Accompanying assistants, carers or companions can attend free of charge. Please email email@example.com ahead of the event to book this complimentary ticket.
- Please find a comprehensive Access Guide for our building HERE.
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to the terms and conditions listed in our Academy Screenings and Events Code.
|Seat Type||Ticket Type||Price|